Apathetic. Comatose. Idle. Inattentive. Laggard. Languid. Lifeless. Sleepy. Slothful. Tired. Torpid. Unconcerned. Unenergetic. Unindustrious. Weary. Me.
I had big plans for the week while ThrillCam and the boys were away.
I even made a To Do list:
- Clean upstairs.
- Improve my photography website.
- Clean downstairs.
- Do laundry.
- Mow the backyard.
- Wash the dog.
- School myself in Lightroom 2.
- Finish the book, The Help.
- Start the Twilight series, since I’m so behind on trendy things. I thought I should maybe read it, just to see what the hype is about. Team Jacob? Or, Team Edward? It’s what inquiring minds want to know.
- Learn a foreign language.
- End world hunger.
No, really. I had every intention of doing all of the items listed above. I knew that if I paced myself and managed my time well, I might even be able to catch up on some favorite shows that I’ve recorded. In fact, in my plan, I allowed myself a full day of relaxing.
But, a few things got in the way of my accomplishing many of the things on my list. I was a little distracted. Unfortunately, I had to be flexible and willing to go to Plan B.
Which actually seemed to work out pretty well.
- Watched marathon of White Collar, a new FBI-strikes-deal-with-bad-fine-art-thief-who-goes-good show on USA network.
- Ate Chinese food. Three times. At home. In my pajamas.
- Watched season opener of The Closer. (If you read that closely, it’s kind of funny–season opener of the Closer….)
- Drank coffee.
- Watched The Next Food Network Star and The Next Design Star, one after the other. (Thank you DVR!)
- Showered once. Had to go to the bank and buy Chinese food. Not that I purchased the Chinese food at the bank. They were two separate stops. But, both required brushing my teeth and shaving my legs.
- Made pudding. Chocolate.
- Watched 20 of the 24 hours of the last season of 24. 24 times.
- Not really. Just twice.
- Watched a new show called, Rizzoli and Isles, or something like that. Quite intense. And, creepy. Didn’t watch it at night. Too scared to. It’s a new tomboy-female-detective-who’s-tough-but-likeable-who-is-friends-with-feminine-and-smart-forensics-expert-who-together-solve-Whodunits show on TNT. I think.
- Ate dinner out with some girlfriends one night. Mexican food. I’m all about understanding other cultures and believe one way is by getting to know the food of the people. I’ve done a lot of research.
- Oh! And, Words with Friends. The Scrabble iPhone app. Addictive. And time consuming.
- Watched NCIS marathon on two different days.
- Took a nap. Or three or four.
- Ate pudding. With Cool Whip.
Now I have only 1 day left.
Where in the world did my time go??
Honestly, though, if I launch into any one of the things on my To Do list, NOW, I may not finish it before the boys return. And, that would be just plain wrong. How unfair to be distracted and unable to focus on them when they arrive home….
So, as Scarlett would say, “I can’t think about that right now. If I do, I’ll go crazy. I’ll think about that tomorrow.”
I guess I’m off to watch a little tv before the boys get home.
Nothing else to do.
P.S. If you haven’t made your move on Words with Friends, HURRY UP! I’M WAITING!!…