If you’ve lived in Texas for any amount of time, whether all your life, or just briefly, it is imperative that you attend the State Fair of Texas. It’s held in Dallas, in October, every year. For goodness sake, even Oprah has been!
It had been years since we had been to the fair, so imagine how excited I was to return!
I made a list of the things I MUST accomplish before the weekend was over:
- Eat a Fletcher’s Corny Dog.
- Eat a Pink Thing. (Sadly those are no longer available.)
- Find and ride the Tilt-a-Whirl…the BEST ride EVER invented, bar none.
- Eat another Fletcher’s Corny Dog. With mustard.
- Go to the Automobile Exhibit. (more on that in a later post)
- See some Clydesdale horses.
- Eat three more Fletcher’s Corny Dogs.
- Walk through the animal barns and view the winning steers, goats, lambs, and pigs. Oh my.
- Visit Big Tex. (Boy, have I got a story on that!!)
I just about accomplished everything on my list! Except for the Pink Things…To be honest, I’m not real sure I would still like them, now that I’m an adult, but it was a tradition when I was growing up to eat a Pink Thing at the Fair.
(Not sure what a Pink Thing is? I’m not real sure, myself…all I know is, they were pink. It was a pink ice cream-like substance on a stick. And the stick always had a Warner Bros. cartoon character on it. So, you had to eat the entire Pink Thing to find out whether you had Bugs Bunny, Foghorn Leghorn, or Elmer Fudd, etc. on your stick! Loved Pink Things….such good memories.)
I’ll post more soon, I promise.